Rodent Control Brisbane
The three most common pest rodents found in Australia are:
- The Norway Rat
- The Roof Rat
- The Common House Mouse
Rodents are nocturnal and therefore activity is seldom observed during daylight hours. Our man-made structures provide food and ideal breeding conditions for rodents.
They construct their nests close to areas where they scavenge for food and water, utilising soft materials such as shredded paper or fabrics. These nests are usually situated in wall cavities, roof voids or under floor areas and in the case of Norway Rats, in burrows, garbage tips and other similar sites.
Rats and mice are more than just a nuisance:
- They cause damage to furniture and timber in the home
- They trigger electrical fires by gnawing on cables and wires.
- They transfer disease by contaminating food, food preparation areas and utensils through contact with their fur, urine and droppings.
- They are prolific breeders with a brief life cycle. A House Mouse reaches sexual maturity one month after birth and averages 11 litters per year. The number of young ranges from 4 to 12 per litter.
Did you know?
- That mice can fit through a 6mm opening or the diameter of a little finger.
- Rats can fit through a 13mm opening, or the diameter of a thumb.
- A Norway rat can gnaw through a lead pipe.
- Rats are creatures of habit whereas mice are more adventurous.
- Their sense of smell and taste are so highly developed they can detect minute quantities of chemicals in foodstuffs, and this can lead to 'bait shyness'.
Rodents deposit their droppings on all surfaces on which they travel and this, together with stains caused by their almost continual urination, provide obvious indications of the presence of rodents. Greasy smear marks also become evident along their main routes of movement where they make contact with obstacles.
Rodents are equipped with incisor teeth that continually grow, and it is essential they gnaw at frequent intervals to ensure that these teeth are sufficiently short to enable them to feed and fight. Fire can result from short circuiting caused when rodents gnaw electrical conduiting.
Watch how easily a rat can wriggle up your toilet!
Successful rodent control is based on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) starting with a thorough inspection of the entire premises to identify the species and to define the extent and source of the infestation.
What we will do:
Conduct a thorough inspection of the premises both internally and externally to determine:
- Which rodent is causing the infestation
- Severity of infestation
- Sources of warmth
- Heaviest pressure areas
- Poor sanitation areas
- Food sources
- Rodent proofing opportunities.
Determine appropriate Rodent Control Program
The program can include baiting, monitoring and trapping.
Heavy infestations will require multiple visits to reduce and control numbers.
A rodent control treatment will include:
- Identifying the rodent species and extent of infestation
- Determining the best treatment for the situation/local conditions.
- Liasing with Client to determine treatment limitations.
- Laying bait boxes to prescribed locations for maximum results in the shortest possible time period.
We offer full industry standard warranties and all rodent treatments and they are also backed by our 200% Money Back Guarantee where if we take a job and cannot get rid of your rodent problem (even after we have retreated) we'll give you your money back-AND THEN DOUBLE IT!
Don't want rodents?
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and sanitation.
- Implement proper food storage practices e.g. air tight containers, cleaning up spillages etc.
- Install garbage containers with tight fitting lids.
- Clean up rubbish and weeds around the outside of the house/structure
- Locate & block using sturdy, durable materials all cracks, crevices, holes and other potential access points that could allow the entry of mice
- Be sure all screens, doors and windows are fitted tightly and that there are no gaps. Check the space under the door as well.
- Keep shrubs and vegetation trimmed away from the building to remove natural pathways into your premises
- Ensure all litter, waste foods and garden rubbish are disposed of immediately
CLICK HERE to make an online enquiry now!